Thursday, December 22, 2011

First things first: Introductions

Hey everyone! I've been considering starting up a blog for a while and I finally decided to go for it. Up until now I've just followed other artists for inspiration. Then I thought that a blog of my own may be a good idea to help me with my own art and interests. At least it will keep me accountable! My (often eccentric) interests include drawing, pen and ink, watercolors, mixed media and occasionally oil pastels. My current focus, however, is watercolors. Some of the artists I follow also keep art journals and I would like to get into that. I like to really look at my surroundings and absorb as much of them as I can— I think that if you're observant you can truly appreciate the beauty that's in everything. So let's start this adventure!

Here's a little bit about me:
My name is Natalie Sturd. I'm a high school junior. I like to be active and I love to be outside! Nature never ceases to amaze me and I enjoy opportunities to explore it. Other interests include travel, reading, journaling, photography, history, fantasy literature, and calligraphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment